Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A wonderful guitar player we lost way too soon...

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
The first time I heard her we played together at a little bar in Park Slope. Next thing I knew she started landing some good gigs. No wonder. She could play.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,323 Posts
I am sure Tim Price has some wonderful memories and good things to say about her. a great guitarist.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
I am sure Tim Price has some wonderful memories and good things to say about her. a great guitarist.
My friend, it's beyond words. As you might imagine.

You know, she was beyond the guitar. Really was just past that fret board. Her mind set, and her imagery as a improviser were pretty staggering. " Catwalk" is something to check out, all Em's tunes with Moses and Gomez. She was a genius- her re-har on " Afro-Blue" on guitar was something that spoke volumes about music. Touch, dynamics, taste and texture.

tinpalaceroach- You know I was just thinking of tape to CD transferring the stuff with Em , and myself on bassoon, and the late Ion Muniz on sax/ flute from Brazil. I'd speak to Ion lately, " on line" about those days and the gigs, and laugh. Then he passed suddenly 'round November. You saw me at CapeMayJazz, but in years prior, Em & I played the" Shire" a lot, before everything became loud, pop attentive stuff. Real jazz...:) We'd play the weekend, and it was beautiful.

Funny how time flys...how things go. Yeh, I thought of her b'day when I woke up today...funnny how time flys and vacant life gets as time flys.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
People come and they go. We go. I've gotten to the point in my life where more and more are going with more frequency now. But the younger ones, they should stay. Emily is one who I really do miss - no overstated overwroughtness so commonly written and heard, these days. Just simple heart-felt honesty. I wish you could have stayed, Emily.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still remembering!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,133 Posts
Oh yeah, and she could swing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts