Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sax was he playing on for his album "Dippin"??? (1965)

I've tried looking it up but with no luck.
Anyone know?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,910 Posts
I actually already did, but I didn't get a specific answer! thanks though! :)
Did you read the whole thread? It seems to me to point to a particular model horn.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
This is a bit off-topic, but I just wanted to point out that Dippin' was recorded 50 years ago today. It's one of my all-time favorite albums.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's exactly why I wanted to figure it out! so i could post it on the company I work for's facebook page (Saxquest)

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,332 Posts
that's exactly why I wanted to figure it out! so i could post it on the company I work for's facebook page (Saxquest)
Well, the answer is clear in that other thread (see the link in post #2 on this thread). Are you still wondering?

·
33,910 Posts
why don't you just tell him?
Because it is obvious?

Because if it isn't obvious, he needs to read it again??

Because he is going to college to study music, just posted in another thread, telling someone to "research the hell out of it", and cannot do his own homework???

research the hell out of it especially if you have to do an interview too because the school i go to, the interview was just as important as the audition (berklee) and I got in with a full scholarship and I like to think it was because i really impressed them with my knowledge of the school, teachers, area of boston, and the history and facilities of the school. I also hope it was because I sounded good lol
Anyone want to bet whether we see AltoSax93 asking all manner of music theory questions in the fall, about the time that homework season kicks in?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because it is obvious?

Because if it isn't obvious, he needs to read it again??

Because he is going to college to study music, just posted in another thread, telling someone to "research the hell out of it", and cannot do his own homework???

Anyone want to bet whether we see AltoSax93 asking all manner of music theory questions in the fall, about the time that homework season kicks in?
Oh my god....
It was just a question.
also I answered with the experience I had.
Also, I'm a junior in college. I've taken all my harmony classes, without your help I might add. But thanks. Hope you're doing great.

·
33,910 Posts
Also, I'm a junior in college.
And still cannot read or write? :shock:

I'd rather be surprised, but I've encountered too many people taking graduate level courses from me, that still couldn't read a technical paper for details. Critical thinking is threatened to become obsolete.

However, I'm sure many of them went on to bigger things.

"Would you like the large fries and drink with that?"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dude, I really hope you get the help you need. Antagonizing people on a saxophone website forum seems to be what you're all about. I'm just gonna continue doing my thing because it's been working great for me. You do yours.

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,332 Posts
why don't you just tell him?
I want(ed) to, but I'd feel kind of foolish. Look, the sky is blue!

But now I'm wondering if altosax93 really still doesn't know? Hey altosax, I can't help but ask, did you read that thread and figure it out yet? If not, I'll be very happy to tell you. No one is being antagonistic, just a bit puzzled and wondering.

·
33,910 Posts
Dude, I really hope you get the help you need. Antagonizing people on a saxophone website forum seems to be what you're all about. I'm just gonna continue doing my thing because it's been working great for me. You do yours.
Snarkiness, aside, AS93, the answer is in the link, just read it once more. I didn't start out to "antagonize" you, it was just interesting how it all unfolded, given your recent posts. I thought you were coming out of high school, rather than going into your junior year. I couldn't tell from your posts. Mea culpa and have a nice day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts