Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a play along version of this song? I dig it.

Also adding...

I played a sample of Hammond B3 set, Vol. 59 and Aebersold Vol. 38; they both have a "Down and Up" track that seems to have similar changes. Hard to tell if its the same song throughout the length of the track.

Is there not a proper Dig Dis track around?

Obviously, "This I dig of you" and "Dig Dis" are two different songs. I noticed a prior thread included the former.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought the track, and, well, if beggars can't be choosers, then I won't complain about it (sigh) but I will note that if anyone is in the backing track business and is looking to make a proper track of that song, please ping me about it. thanks.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I’m not certain what backing track you have bought, but if it is a backing track with the chord changes to THIS I DIG OF YOU, it wont suit DIG DIS.

The former is a 32 bar tune and the latter a 12 bar blues.

You may already know this, but thought I would mention.... just in case.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Dig Dis is kind of an interesting tune in that the melody is over a minor blues but when he gets into the stop time section after the head, it switches over to major blues. When the stop time ends & he's just blowing over the form, it continues as a major blues.

Just look for backing tracks in both minor & major blues & you'll be able to blow over both sets of changes.

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,009 Posts
Just look for backing tracks in both minor & major blues & you'll be able to blow over both sets of changes.
+1. However, in addition to doing this, I'd play along to the actual recording. In general I much prefer to play along to the original recording than to a backing track, although both approaches have their place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts