Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all - with regards to...

Hammerschmidt "Spezial" vintage "Klingson" tenor mouthpiece - has anybody encountered such a piece and be in a position to cast their opinion about one? I'd love to know

thanks

Glenn

Attachments

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,892 Posts
This is the one from eBay. Looks like a Brilhart knockoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the one from eBay. Looks like a Brilhart knockoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
perhaps Brilhart made them? who in Germany made mouthpieces? I mean who made the Jawo pieces, and the pieces for B&S for example?

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,405 Posts
Hammerschmidt certainly didn’t make their own mouthpieces.

I have had an Alto mouthpiece (now owned by another forum member) which was certainly made by Wagner. It is very probable that this mouthpiece above was made by someone else (not Wagner) but more likely to have been a German company.

The company (even if they no longer make saxophones) still exists and I have had the pleasure to correspond with them several times about clarinets , saxophones and flutes. (they do speak English but if you are able to address them in German they may replay quicker)

http://www.karl-hammerschmidt-klarinetten.de/kontakt.htm

Karl Hammerschmidt & Söhne GmbH
Industriestr. 6
D-89331 Burgau
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Klaus Hammerschmidt

E-Mail: [email protected]

aus dem Ausland/from abroad:
Telefon:
Telefax:

08222 - 14 36
08221 - 10 59
0049 - 8222 - 14 36
0049 - 8222 - 10 59

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
milandro - honestly? is there anything about saxophones you don't know? Someone 'ought to pick your brain and write the book OR create a web-site featuring your amazing knowledge. You are a bloody marvel :) Thank you so much for your gracious response.

Glenn

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,405 Posts
Thanks :) I just remember things ( especially this kind of thing) have a good visual memory and happen to have owned a few Hammerschmidt instruments and have got in touch with them. Then I looked up their address (which I don’t remember).

Good Luck!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,443 Posts
A view of the chamber and baffle?

That might reveal a family connection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts