Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The King has been set free and accorded its own sub-forum!

Thanks to the Administrative forces that be.....

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
First alto and tenor were Super 20's. I destroyed both of them by way of horrible decisions. Beautiful instruments.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
743 Posts
YES! I, too, am happy to see the King area afforded the status it deserves. The few S20s and 613 Clevelands I test-played from 1967 to 1974 (high school and college days) were all excellent players, both altos and tenors. I visit SOTWF regularly, but rarely remembered to read in KING because it was a bit of a hassle to get to it. Perhaps more people will post in this section now, due to ease of finding it, too.

Thanks, Hurling!

Sax Magic

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
We were surprised by the oversight on our part.

I never noticed because I normally just use the "new posts" link.

The moderation team and Harri are always open to suggestions and are happy that we were able to assist with this change.

Enjoy!

Hurling

·
Registered
165 Posts
yuhhhhu !!!
;-)

My Tenor 354xxx S20 is smiling inside his case.... :)

Thanks !

·
6,862 Posts
Come see the injustice inherent in the system!

This seems like a good thing. I fear however that this will only further encourage the persecution of us poor Cleveland players by our elitist, Super20weilding, overlords. :D

Rory

·
3,010 Posts
not from me! my old clevland tenor had the very best rock&roll sound of any tenor ever. it lived up to the saying -cleveland rocks!

·
Administrator
13,993 Posts
Actually, H. N. White "King" had it's own sub forum all along, it was simply tucked under the A to Z listing of makers instead of "out there" with the other big boys like Conn, Martin Buescher etc.

I just moved it to it's new location after Ed (Hurlingfrootmig) and I mulled it over after getting the excellent suggestion from a fellow SOTW member.

Long story short, I'm glad such a small tweak gives so much joy! :D

BTW;
King, like Martin , made great horns pretty much across the board whatever the model name engraved on the bell IMO. There secondary line of horns were often better than a few of the other maker's first line models throughout their history.

A fellow King fan.

·
6,862 Posts
super20dan said:
not from me! my old clevland tenor had the very best rock&roll sound of any tenor ever. it lived up to the saying -cleveland rocks!
Good point...Clevelanddan

Rory

hey...does this mean Hurling's name isn't really Hurling?

·
3,010 Posts
my super 20 nick name comes from my distintive bari playing -east lake dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts