1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
400 Posts
Even the Queen is taking lessons!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the C-Me
2,058 Posts
metaphorce, thanks for that last clip, I was about to admonish you for being gently unkind in an earlier comment. Amy Roberts plays more than C-Mel (much more...), and as for playing Rubenola on the C-Mel whilst dressed as a chicken, well, at least she can play a C-Mel with excellent intonation...

And it was in Manchester (England), - the one in the UK, not New Hampshire, Connecticut, or Georgia !

But I digress, well done Amy - you're welcome here anytime ! btw - love your sound on flute !!! And I've never heard anyone sneak harmonics into an alto sax trad jazz solo before, bravo :mrgreen:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Actually, this woman can really blow up a storm. She does about 4 outrageous choruses on Avalon here:
Amazing! Sax, Clarinet, and not to mention Flute (Not in Avalon, the Danny Boy).....!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the C-Me
2,058 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
metaphorce, thanks for that last clip, I was about to admonish you for being gently unkind in an earlier comment. Amy Roberts plays more than C-Mel (much more...), and as for playing Rubenola on the C-Mel whilst dressed as a chicken, well, at least she can play a C-Mel with excellent intonation...

And it was in Manchester (England), - the one in the UK, not New Hampshire, Connecticut, or Georgia !
I was well aware that it was in the UK, as I said in my 'gently unkind," original comment, and not the Manchester in Massachusetts, either. (Manchester By The Sea, MA is a tiny little town with an unusual beach where the sand squeaks or 'sings' as you walk on it. Not unlike some of the notes that escape my C-Mel when I'm not concentrating.)

As to Amy, her last two solo choruses on Avalon truly blew me away. I'm looking for more videos, or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.