Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else here use "Methode complete pour tous les saxophones" by H Klose (Kim you can correct my spelling and add accents if you like;) )
I have just started using it ( 6 weeks) and it has helped my playing no end, my tone, speed and sight reading has improved beyond belief.
it is hard to find and expensive but worth every cent.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi bernard.

i have seen this old french method and i am thinking to buy it.I agree with you however, its expensive at 34 euros

i blow a tenor only for a few months.

Do you reccomend this book?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What can i say it works for me, It spends far more time on technique than any other book i have tried and teaches a lot of alternate fingerings as well as the best fingerings to use when playing the next note in a piece. it has helped a lot with my timing also, having said that i dont think it will be for everybody some exercices are very laboured and require good embouchure control.
it is a very large book and contains enough info and exersises for years.
If you really want to develop good technique its a grat start IMHO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ran across this book on a file sharing program--can't remember which one--a few weeks ago. It was last published in 1950, so I imagine it's now beyond its copyright protection. It was available as a PDF, cost $13 to have Staples print it 2-sided.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,647 Posts
I ran across this book on a file sharing program --can't remember which one-- a few weeks ago.
If anyone finds it, I would be grateful for a PM. :)

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,750 Posts
I've got the Klose Method for clarinet. Kicks my butt on a regular basis.
My oldest daughter asked for her own copy for her birthday.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,647 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,610 Posts
Huh? Klose book? I haven't made it past the Kama Sutra, yet. :D
ROFL!!!! Where on earth is the Klosé link.

BTW. I have a Klosé book in spanish (which I can read ;)) which I don't use much but won't ever get rid of. I am concentrating more on other stuff right now. I photocopied it in Lima of an ancient copy of the book owned by the Conservatorium (however it's spelt) edited by the guy from the Argentinian Conservatorium in Buenos Aires ages ago. It's an awesome book.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's about 300 pages, so it'll be expensive to print, but VERY WORTH IT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts