Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
A few years ago i bought a H&A Selmer bundy baritone and i'm now trying to gather information on it because i'm thinking of selling it. From what i've heard it's a school saxophone but what i know is really just what it says on the saxophone itself. On the bell it says H&A selmer bundy. There's also a R over the bundy text, whatever that means? Below the right thumb grip it says made in Germany and the serial number 53686.

The saxophone plays well and it's so much fun playing but sadly I can't afford to keep it.
So the biggest question would be; what is it worth? Any and all help would be appreciated.

/Pontus.
IMG_20190418_181141_4.jpg IMG_20190418_181125_2.jpg IMG_20190418_181107_6.jpg IMG_20190418_181028_4.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just had one of these run through my shop, serial no. 50888. I was trying to figure out when it was made so I could pass that on to the customer.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,627 Posts
First off ...:evil:....that's really quite SAD that NOBODY replied to the OP 4 months ago.

C'mon Forum people.....this thread had gotten a fair # of views before today ...and for sure someone here could have replied, eh ? The answer isn't very mysterious either, right ?

Well...most certainly the OP is long gone...but:

This is a J. Keiwerth-made Baritone. You see two different iterations of Bundys made by JK: one is engraved "Bundy Special". The others are engraved "H&A Selmer,. Bundy".

Now while I believe all Bundy Specials are JK-made...NOT all "H&A Selmer Bundy"-engraved horns are JK's.

But this most certainly is.

SaxCetera.....here is a very good JK serial # list...

https://saxwelt.de/index.php/ratgeber/seriennummern/keilwerthser

Your serial number puts it at 1965.

I love these horns, I refurb and sell a lot of 'em and their new owners are always very happy.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,561 Posts
If anybody has one of these one of these Keilwerth stencil Bundy Special baritones for sale in clean original condition, please message me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts