Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought this bari on the bay some years back. It looked like it had been thrown off a moving truck into traffic, but after about a grand worth of rework and repad, it plays stellar! The neck was actually split and needed patching underneath as it wouldn't play in the mid range hardly at all, and once returned from that repair, I found that it has alway been unfocussed on low c#, c, Bb, but otherwise plays great. Any thoughts as to what causes this? I've tried 6 mpces, metal and plastic, countless reeds both plastic and cane, but am at my wits end with it. I need to buy a low A horn now, but have to ensure this one works properly before I sell it. Any thoughts are welcome.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
3,383 Posts
No problems here with my 400 Bari... mellow to chainsaw on the low notes, take your pick. Good luck.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,030 Posts
There has been discussion about Buescher TT baris having the gurggle and a special "fin" being put in the body tube to fix this. Usually the old tubby mouthpieces correct this too. Try putting something like a golf ball in the bow (drop in the bell) and see if this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts