·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,888 Posts
I just ordered one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7,888 Posts
OK, so I ordered one and it is indeed legit, but I got an email from the store it was sourced from and it was in such bad condition they wanted to make sure that I actually wanted it. I didn’t. It was absolutely wrecked.

I *think* that WWBW hasn’t had Morgan mouthpieces in a long time and these have been left there forever.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so I ordered one and it is indeed legit, but I got an email from the store it was sourced from and it was in such bad condition they wanted to make sure that I actually wanted it. I didn’t. It was absolutely wrecked.

I *think* that WWBW hasn’t had Morgan mouthpieces in a long time and these have been left there forever.

I ordered one yesterday and have not received an email. Maybe I will hear from them today.

·
7,888 Posts
I got an email from them about my order.

The way that Guitar Center works is that clearance items can be “sourced” from any store. Mine went to a store in California. The manager emailed me and the mouthpiece looks like it has been demoed for 20 years. It’s pretty crushed. I’m really glad he did or else I’d have returned it anyway, which is a pain in my situation...I don’t know if all of them are like this though. It is really, really great customer service that they told me about this ahead of time. Here’s the picture:

·
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got an email from them about my order.

The way that Guitar Center works is that clearance items can be “sourced” from any store. Mine went to a store in California. The manager emailed me and the mouthpiece looks like it has been demoed for 20 years. It’s pretty crushed. I’m really glad he did or else I’d have returned it anyway, which is a pain in my situation...I don’t know if all of them are like this though. It is really, really great customer service that they told me about this ahead of time. Here’s the picture:

If I get one like that, it will go back really quick!

·
7,888 Posts
Like I said, I think it’s fantastic customer service that they warned me. I haven’t had a lot of dealings with them, but they really were great.

·
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said, I think it’s fantastic customer service that they warned me. I haven’t had a lot of dealings with them, but they really were great.

Some of the guitar forums really badmouth GC, but I’ve had great experiences with them.

·
7,888 Posts
Some of the guitar forums really badmouth GC, but I’ve had great experiences with them.
People used to badmouth WWBW too. “Why don’t you just go to your local store? Rabble rabble!”

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,146 Posts
$40 off is clearance?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
guitar folk are...special...bless 'em...

Guitar Center is a great source for used stuff, if you are knowledgeable of such things. I find them superior to Ebay and Reverb. And, they do have great policies and customer service. Their salespersons get a bad rap for stupid stuff like not being able to recite the entire internet on the spot when describing the thousands of products they offer.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

·
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was $99 before.
. Could the $99 have been an error that they finally discovered? Did they send J.Max a bogus pic of a well worn mouthpiece to get out of a sale? Will I get a similar email?
The plot thickens!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
2,000 Posts
Ordered one and we’ll see if I get it and condition. If ugly like the pic posted, off it goes back to GC. As for their reputation, I got a nice Telecaster and Les Paul there this past year, both sparkling new and we’ll set up out of the box.

·
14,268 Posts
If one was expecting a new mouthpiece with this deal, then I can see being disappointed and wanting to send it (the one in the photo) back. But if I was all hot for a Morgan alto piece, unless the one in the photo was damaged, then why be concerned? Clean it up as best as can be done, and play it. Many folks like that look - at least many seem to like saxophones that have that "used" look. DAVE

·
7,888 Posts
If one was expecting a new mouthpiece with this deal, then I can see being disappointed and wanting to send it (the one in the photo) back. But if I was all hot for a Morgan alto piece, unless the one in the photo was damaged, then why be concerned? Clean it up as best as can be done, and play it. Many folks like that look - at least many seem to like saxophones that have that "used" look. DAVE
I would agree up to a point. That particular one looks abused and possibly warped, especially if it’s being sold as new.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
2,000 Posts
I would expect new or near new for an item like this that is listed as clearance. Not listed as returned, open box, used, etc... I’m aok with a used mpc if listed as such and I only own a couple mouthpieces I bought new.

·
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just received this email:

I am reaching out to you in regards to your recent order (GCW1459364262) for a Morgan HR Jazz Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece. Your item is being sourced from our location however it was returned to our store as a previously used item and is not in sellable condition. As this item is not currently available elsewhere in the chain we will be canceling your order and refunding you back to the original pay-type. We apologize for the inconvenience but feel free to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

·
7,888 Posts
Just received this email:

I am reaching out to you in regards to your recent order (GCW1459364262) for a Morgan HR Jazz Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece. Your item is being sourced from our location however it was returned to our store as a previously used item and is not in sellable condition. As this item is not currently available elsewhere in the chain we will be canceling your order and refunding you back to the original pay-type. We apologize for the inconvenience but feel free to reach out with any further questions or concerns.
From Berklee?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts