1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,019 Posts
No.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Easy . . . that is a Florida Link with a Rico #2 reed, Rovner "light" ligature (large-chamber mouthpiece) on a large-bore, silver-plated Conn C-Melody saxophone. DAVE

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
I think you meant to call in to the saxophone psychic website......operators on duty.....:violent1:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I know you can't really tell from a computer microphone.. I just thought it was funny how terrible my set-up was today, since I've been waiting from my tenor mouthpiece to be delivered.. My set-up in that recording is a Jean Baptiste 480-T with a Rousseau 4 Bari Mouthpiece and a Vandoren V16 3 reed that's about 2 years old.. It's all I had on hand so I wanted to try playing on it.. It didn't feel terrible, although a real tenor mouthpiece might feel better..

·
13,019 Posts
Can I get the 10 minutes back I wasted reading this thread?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Because he's a lot older than you and has less time to waste:tsk:...
Then why did he reply sarcastically earlier in the day and then come back a second time to reply sarcastically again?? If he has less time to waste, why is he on this site anyway? Why does he return to threads that "waste his time"?

·
13,019 Posts
Excuse me. I thought this was a joke thread. It looks like everybody else who responded also thought that way. I didn't realize you were taking this ****e seriously.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I guess the point I was trying to make was that set-up doesn't matter.. I know my tone kind of sounds like sh*t, but I've heard much worse recordings of people swearing by their Taiwanese horn that they paid $1600 for..

This horn was $400 new.. Maybe it would have been better if I had my otto link 7* instead of a bari sax mouthpiece with a 4 tip opening..

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Many of us read the whole site for information, entertainment, and to try to be helpful to those who have not yet had the experience that many of us have.

Almost every reply was sarcastic in some way, mainly because your original post was so absurd. I think you failed to think through your original post.

Instead of posting such an inane question, you should have just spelled out your point from the start. That's okay - we all make posting mistakes from time to time. You should think about what you posted, then post an apology and move on to enjoy the site. The sound clip wasn't all that bad, either. I've heard much worse here on SOTW. DAVE

1 - 20 of 32 Posts