Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've decided that my Guardal King is a bit too laser-beam bright for the stuff I'm playing these days, so I'm on the lookout for a new piece for my Yamaha 62 that's somewhat less bright than the King, with more body to the sound but still with a lot of presence and edge.

I prefer the sound/feel of metal pieces on alto, and I like small mouth-feel of the Guardalas. From my research, (and from hearing players I like on both pieces) I think either the Guardala Studio or Beechler Bellite could fit the bill, but I haven't played either of them. No dealers for either brand in my area, so it's not really possible to try them out - anybody out there have experience with either/both of these pieces, and can offer feedback? Other recommendations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seriously, nobody?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,364 Posts
I've tried both- the profile of a bellite is very small and quite 'odd' feeling in the mouth. I'd really hesitate to recommend one to anyone who's not tried one out- they cna sound superb but they're not for everyone- approach with caution.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an alto LAW Buzzer and a Guardala Trad/Bebop you can try. See them on my site.
I recall trying a couple of Bebops way back in the early 90s when I bought my King...if memory serves correctly, I wasn't overly thrilled with the sound back then ('course I was looking for a screamer for R&B stuff).

What model Guardala does the Buzzer best compare to?

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,786 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts