Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. i got a mbII tenor and i wonder is it all the same. my mpc body is slightly smaller than reed. it is a wwbw guardala.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
yes..thats the way they are....its hard to find,but your lig needs to not clamp off the sides of the reed,or it will kill your sound

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
..its an exact copy...of course!!! the guardala fatboy is ,well a little fatter!!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oic.. so guardala fatboy means the body is fatter to match the whole piece of reed while wwbw or lazer trim guardala is slightly thinner in body.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,196 Posts
My DG Studio is also slightly less narrow than my tenor reeds but I think that is what gives its edge. However to avoid the "lock-up" that alot a players about the reed must be kept in the center at all times. These are not meek pieces either.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
8,275 Posts
I use various Rovner ligs on my DGs. Even with regular metal ligs I have not noticed 'sound-killing'. But, my reeds never have deformed edges either. I think you would have to clamp the reed so hard to deform the edges that it could indeed harm your tone.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my reeds never deformed also. for me i can use rover mark 3 or even one of my soprano metal lig. I'm just anxious to know is my mbII is different from others.

Sound wise is not a problem for me. Thanks guys and hope to hear more from others who's using guardala .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts