Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
2,892 Posts
Yeah go with the Selmer 402; it worked for Brecker. The "vintage" Guardala lig has cheap "pot" metal screws which easily break and the finish is almost certainly gold lacquer not gold.......

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey guys.... How did Brecker get a gold plated 402. Anyone know where to buy one? Everywhere I find them they are silver, but gold would be preferable.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jazzsax86 said:
Hey guys.... How did Brecker get a gold plated 402. Anyone know where to buy one? Everywhere I find them they are silver, but gold would be preferable.
\

I think I got one from ebay.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
2,892 Posts
jazzsax86 said:
I heard that Guardala plated a few, maybe that's where Michael came up with one. With all the pics I've seen of Michael with Guardalas he had a regular silver-plated one though.
My friend Will Grizzle gold-plated a 402 for sh*** and giggles and I A/B'd it with a regular silver plate a while back; there was no difference in tone or response to me. Looked cool though.......daryl

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
Michael Brecker could probably get any equipment he wanted to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts