Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please if anyone knows where Dave is, his ONLY brother Paul passed away on Friday 4/14/17 his body is at this funeral home in Florida 727.845.1957 the social worker who was helping named Charlotte can be reached for questions concerning his death at 727.845.4004. Paul's wish was to have his ashes scattered in the ocean. Unfortunately they will only allow you his only family to pick up his ashes at no charge to you or they will bury Paul in an unmarked grave with strangers. They will only allow you to do this. Dave, Please get your brother and carry out his last wishes, they won't allow me to do it. You have two weeks. I'm heartbroken, Jen

I'm really hoping somebody knows where Dave is so that his brother's last wishes may be carried out.

Also for those of you who did not know Paul he did not know how to use a computer so any posts written here or elsewhere were not by him. This doesn't really matter but thought you may want to know.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,119 Posts
How very sad!

I suppose that he would be on parole?

In that case his parole officer would know where he is?

I know there are some of his creditors here on SOTW but I can’t believe that there are many who frequent him and keep shtum about it or him.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,260 Posts
I do not know if this helps or not, but I did a quick internet search and found that there is a listing for a David S. Guardala in Bay Shore, New York. There is also a Thomas Guardala, aged 92, living (?) in Hicksville, NY and a Mary Guardala in Brooksville, FL. I would assume that Thomas is the father. Addresses and phones were unavailable to me on the searches I made, but a call to information in the cities mentioned might yield someone who knows something. According to news reports I read, Dave served his time on New York near Islip. If there is any parole, he might still have to live in New York. He was convicted more than four years ago which is what the length of his sentence.

I have to wonder if Bill Evans might know his whereabouts.

Please keep us informed on this.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,889 Posts
Does Jeffrey Powell know where he is? Or Greg Vail (who sued him)?

·
Vendor
15,452 Posts
Jeff died also. I used to talk to him a bunch and after Dave clobbered Jeff and his brother for lots of money, they really lost their lives. Jeff went downhill quickly and he would talk to me about Dave's brother and how bad he was doing emotionally and financially too.
What an awful mess Dave caused!!!!
Jen, this is very admirable what you are doing. You're one of the good ones for sure!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How very sad!

I suppose that he would be on parole?

In that case his parole officer would know where he is?

I know there are some of his creditors here on SOTW but I can’t believe that there are many who frequent him and keep shtum about it or him.
Perhaps, but not sure. Someone hopefully can provide him the numbers to call.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not know if this helps or not, but I did a quick internet search and found that there is a listing for a David S. Guardala in Bay Shore, New York. There is also a Thomas Guardala, aged 92, living (?) in Hicksville, NY and a Mary Guardala in Brooksville, FL. I would assume that Thomas is the father. Addresses and phones were unavailable to me on the searches I made, but a call to information in the cities mentioned might yield someone who knows something. According to news reports I read, Dave served his time on New York near Islip. If there is any parole, he might still have to live in New York. He was convicted more than four years ago which is what the length of his sentence.

I have to wonder if Bill Evans might know his whereabouts.

Please keep us informed on this.
Thanks for looking. Thomas was Paul's father and Mary his Mother. Both have passed on.

·
39,119 Posts
If you know anyone at the police department they might get you in touch with the parole officer and he can pass on the info. Clock is ticking fast.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jen, it is terribly good of you to try to pick up the pieces and honor Paul.

All the best to you

Phil
Thank you Phil.

Paul was a very kind, hard working and honest guy. I wish I could have been with him at the end however, I'm in CA caring for my Mom who is paralyzed and also on hospice.

He did have a sweet cat that needs adoption. If anyone in the 727 area could help, the social worker would know the shelter of his black and white tuxedo cat.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
29,131 Posts
Jeff died also.
I didn't know that, we had our run-ins but he was one of life's real characters with passion and you have to respect that. And I'm sorry he was a victim of DG. Shalom.

·
1,260 Posts
I see a fair number of people recommending checking in with Guardala's parole officer. Guardala was sentenced to four years in 2009. His term was up in 2013 if he did not receive parole. If he did get paroled, would he still even be on parole four years after his sentence was up?

Is there anyone in here who might live near where his parents lived who could at the very least drive by their old home to see if Dave might be living there? What about the company in the UK still using the Guardala name for the mouthpieces?

Can anyone here say where Dave was living when he was sentenced? He might still be in the area.

The saddest part of this whole thing is that in today's age, it is very easy to disappear. Without a land line or mortgage, there really are no searchable records to find someone. The most searchable places are Facebook, Twitter, and the other social media, but one needs a computer to do that.

I think if the SaxOnTheWeb community came together, we could find Dave in an hour. Anyone up for the challenge?

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,889 Posts
Jeff died also. I used to talk to him a bunch and after Dave clobbered Jeff and his brother for lots of money, they really lost their lives. Jeff went downhill quickly and he would talk to me about Dave's brother and how bad he was doing emotionally and financially too.
What an awful mess Dave caused!!!!
Jen, this is very admirable what you are doing. You're one of the good ones for sure!
I did not realize/remember this. All of this is very sad...

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you know anyone at the police department they might get you in touch with the parole officer and he can pass on the info. Clock is ticking fast.
My niece is a police officer, she is new on the force but I don't want to burden her with a personal request. I just don't feel right about it. I had friends two brothers who were officers many years ago in NY but its been forever and I don't want to call for a personal favor. The funeral home has not done anything and I am urging them to wait so I'm hopeful that DG will get hold of them. I've been trying to stay positive that he will. Someone in our community has to know where he is.

·
39,119 Posts
this would be a cause of “ Force majeure” and an humanitarian act , I suppose that you wouldn’t bee seen as abusing the powers of you niece or her courtesy.

Obviously this community hasn’t been able to locate Dave Guardala and the clock keeps on ticking. Good Luck!

·
14,285 Posts
Just a caution about asking a friend in law enforcement to run down information using government systems . . . that kind of thing is generally prohibited and can lead to a dismissal from service if discovered - and the intent is not the issue. The mere use of those systems for anything other than official business is prohibited. Sure, some may make the argument that this particular case may be considered "official business" in the sense that a family-emergency could be construed to be okay, but it is risky at best for the officer doing it. DAVE

1 - 20 of 25 Posts