Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
Don't tell me, let me guess......Dave's been staying in German hotels again and not paying the bill........someone shoot me and put me out of my misery please!:banghead:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dude, what is going on with DG? I'm just about to order one of his MBII Laser trimmed clones off of the WWBW. Does anyone like these? Also, any chance I can get a "real" one from him? Far out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nef,
No man! I wasn't even playing... Promise! Also, I checked out some of your mouthpiece trials stuff.. and you are a bad bad bad bad bad a*s player man. I really enjoyed listening to your stuff. You sound great on any god*amn piece you play.
I also have a Freddy Gregory Mark IV 7** w/a francois lig. Is yours fluted? What is the point of that? Man, that thing just SINGS for me. HOWEVER, if I put the wrong reed on it (Rico Royal 3.5), the thing turns into a chirping monster! Anyways, please visit my website and check out my stuff www.bennytorres.com
LATE!

Nefertiti said:
I hope your not honkin a low Bb in that babies ear!:(

·
Banned
156 Posts
bt017 said:
Nef,
No man! I wasn't even playing... Promise! Also, I checked out some of your mouthpiece trials stuff.. and you are a bad bad bad bad bad a*s player man. I really enjoyed listening to your stuff. You sound great on any god*amn piece you play.
I also have a Freddy Gregory Mark IV 7** w/a francois lig. Is yours fluted? What is the point of that? Man, that thing just SINGS for me. HOWEVER, if I put the wrong reed on it (Rico Royal 3.5), the thing turns into a chirping monster! Anyways, please visit my website and check out my stuff www.bennytorres.com
LATE!
Nefertiti- I ditto that!

I just emailed you from your site.

Peace.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just want to mention that I recieved the Guardala MB II in the mail today. I've only played it for about 30 mins, but so far it's WAILING! It looks just like a studio, but with more scooped out of the sidewalls. Very large open chamber that agrees with my Conn 10M. Can't wait to play it more! YAY!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,564 Posts
Great playin', Benny, I really dig the tunes on your sites. A very full bodied modern sound on your 10M. Whatever mouthpiece your are using on the videos, I can't see you needing a Guardala. You have your own voice on tenor.

regards, Stretch

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for checking my stuff out. In the videos I'm playing a Freddie Gregory that my father in law is borrowing right now. I am just taking advantage of the time to try out the Guardala from WWBW. They've got the nice return policy and everything. So far, I really like the sound I'm getting from the Guardala. Doesn't speak like the Gregory does, but the Altissimo might come out a little easier. We'll see how she goes!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Guardala Scams??

The issue is not trying to catch Dave Guardala.

The issue is stopping Dave Guardala.

I have been in regular contact with Dave up until 3 weeks ago and have a large financial loss involved. Rumors tell of many that have lost money to Dave in the last few years but no one has gone public about it. I have already been in touch with 1 individual that says many sax players have been burned in the tens of thousands each.

Our community has a snake and, out of shame, people are being quiet about it. I can not.

I will be posting a new site and have a blog started that will detail the way Guardala used his old name's reputation to build trust and thru lies and deception, defraud me (and many others) of thousands of dollars.

I love my Guardala products, just bought a new Bari mouthpiece for 1500 bucks 2 weeks ago. But I will make every effort available to me to stop Dave from ripping off any more poor sax players from there life savings, parents inheritance or good credit.

Since going public last night I have had 2 others come forward, since last night!

Dave has been being very bad, stealing from the very people that praise his handywork.

I will be very vocal about my love of Dave Guardala products, and my anger at the person Dave Guardala. 6 months from now, I pray Dave can't send an email without local authorities being contacted within 24 hours.

I'll have the site up soon, even if it is a work in progress - links to follow.

SAXBOY

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
29,131 Posts
1 - 20 of 89 Posts