Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a Guaradala tenor mouthpiece, don't remember exactly when I got it but it is at least 20 years ago. It has a hand engraved D over G on the top of the of the end barrell and some sort of figure engraved before the D. It has 3G-4641 also hand engraved on the side. It is a baffelled piece, I think a MB model. Can anyone tell me more about this piece and best place to sell it. I have pre-cansorus lip issues and it tears my one part of lip so badly that I can't play for 2 weeks after a gig, and that's after going down to 2's. Getting old is fun.

I am not one to change pieces I have been playing a Brillhart Bari piece for 40 years now, and I only got the guaradala after I dropped my soft metal dukaff.

Also can anyone recommend a piece that is easy to play, but can keep up with a loud blues band, a friend mentioned the Drake ceramic piece's

Brad

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,118 Posts
Your Guardala is probably valuable - someone will chime in here with more info, and no doubt you'll receive offers via pm. For a comfortable hard rubber piece that cuts, try a RPC 115B.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hi I have a Guaradala tenor mouthpiece, don't remember exactly when I got it but it is at least 20 years ago. It has a hand engraved D over G on the top of the of the end barrell and some sort of figure engraved before the D. It has 3G-4641 also hand engraved on the side. It is a baffelled piece, I think a MB model. Can anyone tell me more about this piece and best place to sell it. I have pre-cansorus lip issues and it tears my one part of lip so badly that I can't play for 2 weeks after a gig, and that's after going down to 2's. Getting old is fun.

I am not one to change pieces I have been playing a Brillhart Bari piece for 40 years now, and I only got the guaradala after I dropped my soft metal dukaff.

Also can anyone recommend a piece that is easy to play, but can keep up with a loud blues band, a friend mentioned the Drake ceramic piece's

Brad
A Drake would be a good option. I tried a Vintage Resin Hybrid Jazz Tenor Model and it had a great fat sound that was somewhat dark. He also has a contemporary model which from my understanding is a little brighter. And there is his new studio model that just came out. Aaron is a great guy to talk with and if you tell him exactly what you are looking for in a sound, I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
406 Posts
In response to your lip being chewed up by this mouthpiece, have you considered cigarette papers?

I am 16, and practicing to get into music school is also fun - 3hrs a day min, with every day ending with one and a half hours of practice. My lips were getting wrecked, so I started using Zigzags, and the problem was solved!

John

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,022 Posts
A Saxscape Downtown might also be worth a look. I have the Downtown Studio model which has the bullet-chamber, but the regular Downtown is a straight baffle. It also comes in two external sizes, one with no extra name that is more like a normal HR piece, and the Slim which is about the size of an Otto Link STM. Both are made of Delrin which is a solid and high-quality plastic. It FEELS a lot like the cheap plastic used in Rico Royal mouthpieces (it even has a similar bumpy finish) but it's not the same thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts