Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on out the annual Eastport v. Annapolis Tug of War, Saturday November 2nd beginning at "the crack of noon". The annual Slaughter Across the Water features an actual rope across the Annapolis harbor, stretching to Eastport, with heavies on both sides pulling and tugging their team to victory. There will be many bands featured throughout the day on both the Eastport and Annapolis sides. I'll be with the Naptown Brass Band on the Eastport stage to start things off before noon, playing just before, during and after the tug itself. The Naptown Brass Band is a New Orleans style street band that has fast become the go to party band in Annapolis, DC and Baltimore. We are crazy busy with weddings, funerals, public events, bar gigs, street fairs and parties. Playing with them is the most fun I've had with a working band. Just a great bunch of guys and gals and a variety of music all arranged to the backbeat of pure, unadulterated fun.

After the brass band, local favorites The Oyster Boys will perform on the Eastport stage with their brand of sea shanties and tales from the Bay. This group features the lead trombonist of the brass band as well. After their set, I'll be with Naptown Funk. This group is more of a show band with two singers, male and female. Our female vocalist is a show-stopper. Absolutely beautiful and sings like an angel. Naptown Funk will start their set around 2pm on the Eastport stage.

There will be food trucks, beer/wine for sale and a whole lotta great music and fun times. Come on out if you've never been for a true Annapolis experience.

More info:

http://themre.org/tug/
www.facebook.com/naptownbrassband
www.facebook.com/naptownfunk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts