Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator Emeritus
17,468 Posts
Nice grooving take of this wonderful tune Harri. Love the groove that the drummer plays and the special just after 2:50. We did this tune here on SOTW as >TOTM for October 2011<. Your a bit too late for that party, but still thanks for sharing :).

Nice one! Cool special @2:50
Way back, I used to play this style a lot with a New Orleans-style band I had. You brought back some memories :)
Arno, this is not really a New Orleans style tune, it sits more in the mainstream/soul jazz tradition. But of course still a lot of fun too play in any type of band :).

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nice grooving take of this wonderful tune Harri. Love the groove that the drummer plays and the special just after 2:50. We did this tune here on SOTW as >TOTM for October 2011<. Your a bit too late for that party, but still thanks for sharing :).

Arno, this is not really a New Orleans style tune, it sits more in the mainstream/soul jazz tradition. But of course still a lot of fun too play in any type of band :).
What I meant to say was that it was a band in a New Orleans style: drums, tuba, baritone, trombone, alto, trumpet/singer. We played a lot of different styles :)

·
Administrator Emeritus
17,468 Posts
What I meant to say was that it was a band in a New Orleans style: drums, tuba, baritone, trombone, alto, trumpet/singer. We played a lot of different styles :)
Clear, sounds like a fun band :)!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts