Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered one of the GW "Ringer" alto mouthpieces in a 6M and as usual Greg has surpassed himself again.

A solid core tone, just the right amount of resistance and as little or as much volume required for the situation.

I'm a huge fan of GW mouthpieces because of the fine facing work and hard rubber materials he utilizes and his ridiculously low prices for such high quality.

If you need a new piece I can highly recommend him.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I briefly had a "Ringer" that I thought was a brilliant mouthpiece, but was too small a tip for me at the time. I've started playing smaller tips, and I wish I had it back! My current main alto piece is a GW-refaced Brilhart Ebolin. I like it enough I'm considering having my other Brilharts refaced to match it.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I briefly had a "Ringer" that I thought was a brilliant mouthpiece, but was too small a tip for me at the time. I've started playing smaller tips, and I wish I had it back! My current main alto piece is a GW-refaced Brilhart Ebolin. I like it enough I'm considering having my other Brilharts refaced to match it.
Greg will make anything you request. I am enjoying the 6M but I am going to have him make me an 8M for more voluminous situations. I already own 10 of his pieces even though I sold a few couple years ago.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I sent him a new Ebolin Brilhart model that I bought for twenty dollars. I found it unplayable out of the box and I sent it to Greg for a full reface. He opened it to a .105, trimmed down the insanely thick side rails, did some chamber work and applied his facing curve. It's an excellent mpc now that has cool, vintage Brilhart vibe! I bought another Ebolin but this one is an alto model. It plays ok, the tone is a bit on the thin side but it is soon going to Greg. I highly recommend GW!

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,094 Posts
I ordered one of the GW "Ringer" alto mouthpieces in a 6M and as usual Greg has surpassed himself again.

A solid core tone, just the right amount of resistance and as little or as much volume required for the situation.

I'm a huge fan of GW mouthpieces because of the fine facing work and hard rubber materials he utilizes and his ridiculously low prices for such high quality.

If you need a new piece I can highly recommend him.
Why is it called the Ringer?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
saxophone, flutes and lil' bit of clarinet
7,427 Posts
I’ve had three GW pieces and they were all good. One of the alto pieces is the one I practice on every single day. It’s a NY Meyer type piece, not the ringer.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve had three GW pieces and they were all good. One of the alto pieces is the one I practice on every single day. It’s a NY Meyer type piece, not the ringer.
I'm a GW junkie and play either his GW pieces or have had Greg reface others.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
saxophone, flutes and lil' bit of clarinet
7,427 Posts
Which of his tenor pieces do you like?

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which of his tenor pieces do you like?
I have played at least 11 of his tenor pieces. The one I play the most is an HR Berg that Greg refaced. The other is a high baffle large chamber in old stock blue rubber.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts