Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like many saxophonists I am extremely neurotic about mouthpieces - now, I am sure there are many fine mouthpiece makers out there, but Greg Wier's work has completely changed my saxophone life - just played a nice gig in NYC and got a big complement on my sound from Steve Bernstein - and I should have told him to thank Greg. These things are responsive, warm, loud when necessary, soft when played that way, and just the best things I have ever played on. I keep thinking of my old friend Dave Schildkraut who, until the end of his life, mourned the one mouthpiece he had liked best but which was ruined by some guy in NY. If I had known Greg then, Dave might have died a happier man.

(and right now I own 4 of Greg's pieces - 3 altos and one tenor).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Cool!

I have one of his Slant copies for tenor. Great mouthpiece!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I bought one of his Slant tenor pieces used here on the forum for $50! It's a killer piece and has cured this mouthpiece search I've had going on for the last few months. The piece feels and smells like great vintage rubber and totally has that fat, shimmery Link sound I love (the big metal "stovepipe" sound as one of my old teachers called it).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts