Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Über Geek, Forum Contributor 2010 Distinguished SO
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back a day or so from a trip overseas, and I was catching up with friends on Facebook today when I read that our friend GAS_Wyo lost his battle with cancer last week. Although I only knew him from this forum (and later on Facebook), he always impressed me with his humor and dignity--especially considering the enormity of what he faced.

gary,
Thanks for the positive and supportive words! I agree, "That's just the way it is". I won't ever 'give up'. Sorry to feel this way, but I have people who depend on me and I want to continue to be a source of inspirational, financial, and spiritual support for them. To that end, I will continue to submit to treatments until I am cured or I die. Like you said, "That's just the way it is". I was raised to be an 'overcomer' and will continue my life with a positive attitude. I will continue to try and be an inspiration and a blessing to everyone I meet. I want to be remembered as "one of the good guys"!
Greg... I will always think of you as one of the good guys, and wherever you are, I'm sure there's music. RIP.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
3,383 Posts
Sad news. Rest in Peace, Greg.

·
Administrator
13,993 Posts
I knew Greg was battling cancer for some time, and was afraid this was the sad news when I read the title of the thread. You will be greatly missed.

My condolences to the family.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Very sad to hear this. I had some time off the forum and didn't even see his other thread. Greg was one of the great posters here, and although I never knew him personally, I know he will definitely be missed. Rest in peace.

·
Forum Contributor 2015, seeker of the knowing of t
4,344 Posts
Man this sucks. He seemed a good guy, I always thought his pink panther avatar was quite amusing, reading some of his posts I think the avatar matched the guy nicely.

I was really bummed out that I failed my Aural exam today.... now it just doesn't seem to matter.

RIP Greg

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, & Forum Contributor 200
1,445 Posts
I followed his thread and was / am completely humbled by his attitude - very sad to hear . Play on and rest in peace .Dave

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,782 Posts
For anyone who is interested, there's an obituary here. Greg was only 50. Greg inspired many of us here, and I'm sure elsewhere in his life, with his positive outlook and determination through his illness. My sincere condolences go out to his family.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,081 Posts
That's sad. Didn't know about his health issues, always enjoyed his open-minded contributions here. Heartfelt condolences to all who knew him.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Based on earlier posts where he had described his health situation I kind of figured that one day I would be reading this but it doesn't make it any easier to read...I never met Greg but it hurts to hear of his passing. He was a few years younger than me...ouch...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,455 Posts
Too bad to hear about Greg. Only knew him through SoTW but enjoyed reading his posts and tried to keep up with his status. Was hoping and praying he would beat the cancer but twas not to be. His attitude though was admirable and I hope I could face similar circumstances in a similar manner. His attitude is inspirational but now, at this time the thoughts and prayers turn to the loved ones and friends mourning their loss. My he rest in peace and they find the solace needed in their time of loss.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Greg was one of the good guys, he was very patient with hack players like myself with good advice and encouragement. Rest in Peace and condolences to his family and friends.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,216 Posts
My sincere condolences to Greg's family.
Rest in peace Greg.
I enjoyed your reading your posts and passion for the tenor saxophone.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts