Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to put in a plug for a great woodwind tech in upstate NY, if you are ever in the region:

Bill Cole's Woodwind Shop
360 Broadway (2nd Floor)
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
(518) 450-0333

I've done several walk-ins while visiting family in the area, and he's always been very friendly and spot-on with his repairs - very knowledgeable about the Martin horns I own, in particular. And the last time, he diagnosed and fixed the problem (which was resulting in a loose G# key) so quickly, he wouldn't even charge me! All around, a great guy, and I'd definitely bring my horns back to him.

Cheers.

·
Forum Contributor 2010 & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,945 Posts
Actually I do get to the region once in a while, as my mother-in-law lives in Saratoga. Does he just do repairs? Does he have stuff for sale?

Steve

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He does have a few vintage and modern horns for sale, and he is also a Selmer dealer (meaning he will order them and set them up), though my sense is it is predominantly a repair shop. It's a second-floor walk-up right on Broadway. He has alot of accessories in the shop, too -- you can stock up on reeds, mouthpiece patches, and the like. I think I remember hearing in high school (years ago) that he worked on Nick Brignola's horns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts