Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to welcome a new mouthpiece maker to the US, Tomasso Troncon. Tom is living in NYC and makes smokin' mouthpieces that I highly recommend and endorse wholeheartedly. Tomasso also does precision refacing and I believe he's going to be working at Roberto's part time and is available for phone and in person consultations. Tommaso can be reached at 646.226.3816 (text or phone). I believe he's the next truly great mouthpiece legend and he's bringing fine European craftsmanship to the US. Wait till you getta load of these! Phil Barone

·
Registered
708 Posts
But Phil... I thought gear doesn't matter?

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
After telling us how gear doesn't matter and to stop buying mouthpieces, you come tell us about some unknown guy who is selling mouthpieces?

Huh? :scratch:

- Saxaholic

·
Registered
642 Posts
For all the guys here trying to find contradiction in Mr. Barone's last posts here: I honestly don't see any.

The thing he has advised to was to stay with a good/great mouthpiece as soon as you've found one and not to change all the time.

If there's a new option available to finding one I think it's just nice from him to tell everybody about it.

The problem he is referring to is that although there are lots of good options these days, people lose the ability to benefit from that situation because they like buying and changing gear so much.

Not contradictory to me.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
Well I hope they look like crap because I stopped playing mouthpieces with my eyes after Phil's post about that too.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For all the guys here trying to find contradiction in Mr. Barone's last posts here: I honestly don't see any.

The thing he has advised to was to stay with a good/great mouthpiece as soon as you've found one and not to change all the time.

If there's a new option available to finding one I think it's just nice from him to tell everybody about it.

The problem he is referring to is that although there are lots of good options these days, people lose the ability to benefit from that situation because they like buying and changing gear so much.

Not contradictory to me.
Exactly, thank you. The only thing contradictory to that is that I don't believe there's a lot of good stuff out there in my opinion. Phil

·
Registered
708 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Any pictures? And let's keep morals out of this, it's complicated enough just playing the damn horn...

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,793 Posts
I'd like to welcome a new mouthpiece maker to the US, Tomasso Troncon. Tom is living in NYC and makes smokin' mouthpieces that I highly recommend and endorse wholeheartedly. Tomasso also does precision refacing and I believe he's going to be working at Roberto's part time and is available for phone and in person consultations. Tommaso can be reached at 646.226.3816 (text or phone). I believe he's the next truly great mouthpiece legend and he's bringing fine European craftsmanship to the US. Wait till you getta load of these! Phil Barone
I have to say that I am curious as Phil doesn't seem to throw his praise out to many other mouthpiece makers.........

·
Registered
817 Posts
I was actually at Roberto’s last week when Tomasso came in!
I was wondering who he was, but could tell he was a mouthpiece reface of some kind.
Great idea to add this to Roberto’s shop!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts