Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm sure many of you are familiar with Curt Altarac and his company MusicMedic.com. He presented a sax repair clinic at UNT the other day and really blew us away. He simplified many complex saxophone problems for us and explained his processes to fix those. I'm sure many of you grimace like me when you see the pricetags on boutique overhauls like his. After the clinic, I have a whole new respect for the extra work his shop puts into overhauls. I was especially impressed that he works on each horn that comes through his shop, unlike some other well known shops I've heard of. He took a look at my horn and found problems in my horn that had really been ailing my playing. If you're thinking about getting an overhaul, send Curt an email. I'm definitely considering him for my next overhaul.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Using their kit, I do a lot of minor repairs. A little patience and gentle handling a lot of minor things can be done, well, at home. Beyond that, so far for me, it goes to the shop.

Recently, a little rubber grommet on the left hand pad slipped off the riser and caused horrible sloppiness. I disassembled the portion and reattached the rubber grommet and now it is tight again. It took me a long time of sleuthing to finally figure it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts