Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I bought a Guardala Studio (silver) tenor piece from WWBW. Never did like the fabric ligature that came with it. Never did like the plastic cap.

Recently traded a sopranino piece for a vintage Brilhardt Levelaire 7* tenor piece.

Liked the Levelaire, but probably not right for the loud, raucous stuff I am playing now, but definitely a keeper.

However, then I tried the Levelaire lig and cap on the Guardala Studio. Ligature works great. Better than any others I have tried. Cap fits great. Both look great. Now the Guardala looks and feels like a complete, robust, professional setup!

Mark

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,118 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have on order a silver-plated BG metal jazz lig, hoping it works on my LT SuperKing...

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I used to play a Guardala Crescent on tenor, I used a Francois Louis ligature for a metal ALTO mouthpiece and put tenor pressure plates on. It worked well, but the sides of the ligature didn't touch the mouthpiece. I don't know If the Crescent and Studio are the same size... but there you go.:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Guardala MB II

I recently bought a new MBII Tenor MPC. I tried the Selmer 404t and it's to
large and sent it back. I'm looking for something similar to the 404t?

Mike

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,254 Posts
The alto selmer 402 lig works great on the MBII.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts