Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in San Francisco this past weekend (Thurs-Sun) to shoot some interviews for a documentary I am working on. I knew Keith was in the area, and after all these years of internet interaction we got to meet in person. keith is a wonderful guy, He gave me a guided tour of SF on Friday so I could get the typical touristy location shots of the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and the city (from Sausalito). We enjoyed a nice lunch at Grumpy's pub, which I learned from the friend I was staying with is a favorite hangout of Mike Rowe (from Dirty Jobs, he used to host Evening magazine in SF).

Saturday we shot on the Berkeley Campus and then down to Half Moon Bay for more interviews. On the way, I was wondering if I was in JL (John Lull's area) a soundguy was setting up for a reggae band in the Half Moon Bay Brewery and he knew of John's band. Turns out, I was a 5 minute walk away from John's home... but we didn't get to meet up. The sound guy wanted to hook me up to sit in with the reggae band, but since I travelled very light for this shoot, the horn, and even mpc stayed home.

It was great meeting Keith, getting a tour around the bay area, and almost meeting John. it was my first trip to the West Coast, and I'd like to go back. Interesting place.

Thanks again Keith!

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,526 Posts
It is really cool getting to meet other members. I have met Gary, LegitAlto, and a couple others who are no longer posting.

Keith is one of those people that would really be awesome to meet as he is always a positive soul on here.

B

1 - 2 of 2 Posts