Sax on the Web Forum banner

Got my Bauhaus Walstein Soprano today!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JMac 
#1 ·
Wow, what a sax! I've never played a better soprano than this, from low Bb to high G with ease! And from my quick inspection, it's not even properly setup yet. The case is so compact that I thought I was getting a flute! For me, I like the curved neck as it fits the neck tenon better and gives a better tone, warmer & rounder. I'll post some pix in comparison with the Kessler Pro when I get a chance.

Kenny.

#4 ·
I got it from Woodwind & Brass (http://www.woodwindandbrass.co.uk/). I will have my fav. tech go over the horn tomorrow, I know for sure it will be even better.

The Kessler Pro, if I remember correctly, modeled after Selmer Series III, range to F#. It's more difficult to play, especially those high notes, and the sound is a bit brighter, more spread. It's a good horn, and I've been playing it in hundreds of gigs, but it will soon be replaced with this B&W! I like a more focused, darker tone. They are different animals, and some might like one over the other, I just happens to like the B&W more at this time :)

Kenny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.