Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
double reed guy said:
Any feedback out there on the Jupiter 800 series tenors? The price is so low one wonders where the corners are being cut.
They're not cutting corners. They're made in Tawain, so that keeps the price lower and they sell a lot here in Europe so maybe the volume of sales has something to do with the pricing also.

I had a rented Artist series for two weeks and though it was a very good sax.
Here is some more discussion: http://www.saxontheweb.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38955&highlight=tenor

bluesax. Herzliche Glückwünsche. Enjoy!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gary.

For some reason which i dpn't know Jupiter doesn't have as good a reputation in the US as i.e. in Germany.
Recently a Pro Player played my Tenor and he sounded really great.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,901 Posts
double reed guy said:
Any feedback out there on the Jupiter 800 series tenors? The price is so low one wonders where the corners are being cut.

I've played them before. Good husky sound in the lower to mid registers. The high's are a little sharp and thin to my ears, but they are considerably better than the 700 series. One could try a new neck to correct the upper register.

Has anyone else tried the XO yet? I tried one of the new altos and was very surprised by how well it played. Bluesax, you've had yours for a few months now, what do you think of it? By the way, I think that Jupiter's rep in the states has been improving over the past few years.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bluesax, you've had yours for a few months now, what do you think of it?
Sorry, i didn't look into this thread for a long time.

Yes, i still have my 2 Jupiter Artist Tenor saxophones. Both are wonderful and robust intruments. I recorded yesterday a melody with my MD recorder. I hope you can hear my enthusiasm:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Some weeks ago I played the Jupiter XO in thier show box in Paris - it was really amazing, but the price ... was amazing to...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts