Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
416 Posts
YTS-21. It has the YTS-21 low E mechanism. I owned one. I've owned an SBA, a Mark VI, and a premium Yamaha, among others. The 21 was my all-time favorite. It was stolen a few years ago. Now I've got a later Vito that I nursed back to health. Story for another time.

Restoring one is a heavy lift for an inexperienced repairer. It could take years - and tools, and a lot of pads, and other stuff. So take it to a pro and find out if putting it right is worth the cost. (It is.)

· Registered
416 Posts
YTS-21. It has the YTS-21 low E mechanism. I owned one. I've owned an SBA, a Mark VI, and a premium Yamaha, among others. The 21 was my all-time favorite. It was stolen a few years ago. Now I've got a later Vito that I nursed back to health. Story for another time.

Restoring one is a heavy lift for an inexperienced repairer. It could take years - and tools, and a lot of pads, and other stuff. So take it to a pro and find out if putting it right is worth the cost. (It is.)
I made a weird mistake: I meant it has the YTS-21 low C# mechanism.

· Registered
416 Posts
That horn will outperform anything you can get for a lot more. I wasn't exaggerating when I said I preferred mine to some other very pricey horns. Dang that thief. When you get yours rebuilt, be sure to get the key openings set to factory specs.

I am envious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts