Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,782 Posts
If you think of it... they will do it.

I thought of “ the wedge” as a joke, little did I know...

·
Registered
637 Posts
Serious question, what products do I have to buy to be able to have a great sax sound, but without actually needing a saxophone? Just the products.

Then again, it will probably cost more than the sax itself, nevermind.

·
Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist. RIP, Yo
17,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is actually a variant of clarinet rather than saxophone, because it has a cylindrical bore.
It should be called clarimonica.

Why is it being promoted as a great new invention when the xaphoon is pretty much identical and has been around for years?
(It looks as everybody is getting in on the act. Another version is "Minisaxophone")

And a problem with all is that all keys other than C have problematic fingering a bit worse than a recorder. And the range is only 1 1/2 octaves.
One beauty of a sax is its simple fingering.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,876 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
What the others said, also, how do I fit a klangbogen there if there isn't a lyre slot?

·
Registered
Alto sax, Tenor sax, Clarinet
1,306 Posts
I previously thought that the Klang was supposed to affect acoustic resonance, and rejected that claim. But now I read in their ad that:

"Maximizing the air flow through the conical tube, Klangbogen improves the efficiency of a balanced reed by supporting and reducing air turbulence at the neck-tenon and palm keys..."

Well now it makes perfect sense that adding different metal contraptions to the outside of your horn actually affects the level of turbulence in the tenon area. It is pretty obvious how the different metals can affect turbulence. I am thinking of adding one to my car to reduce turbulence and increase gas mileage. But my car is silver, and I am looking for more gutsy performance, so do I have to use brass? :twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts