Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had some dealings with Dominic Cucinotti of Dominics Music in Salem, MA. Without entering into any details, I was impressed by the integrity and service Dominic brings into his work

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,795 Posts
I am impressed because we always hear quite the opposite about this company, please, enter in details

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,262 Posts
I've dealt with him in person (his shop was near where I parked my car for school.) He did not inspire confidence.

·
38,795 Posts
yes and I would ask the people praising Mr. Dominic Cucinotti to be specific in their praise since there have been many incidents involving this person in the past and many have offered some much less than complimenting comments

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
Yet another reason to question eBay's rating system, huh?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I wandered into a minefield here. Rather than trigger a mine, I'll try to leave the field with as much caution as I can.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Good idea. Dominic was the subject of a lot of discussion some years back. People who had never met him or dealt with him had a lot to say about him and his saxophones.

A lot of those folks have since moved on and taken on other issues with the same degree of knowledge and experience.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I would also like to hear positive feedback on Dominics. Like Milandro said,you always hear bad.
OK. I was browsing alto saxes today on ebay. He is charging $3898 for a Yamaha YAS 62II. That's almost $1300 more than
WWBW. That's as positive as I can give you. Sorry Gary.

·
38,795 Posts
I don't think that the problems with said individual are due to overcharging, anyone is responsible to find out about pricing and a seller can ask his price.
Several buyers have expressed , in the past, their reservations about this shop and in particular about the man himself.
I have condemned the misrepresentation of some " Selmer" Artist limited saxophones.......these are not Selmer (France or America ) at all but some asian sax sold at a very high price and abusing the name Selmer and the only thing " Selmer" about these things is the mouthpiece (if this s not one of the Selmer Artist Limited mouthpieces...........they are also around!)
http://www.dominicsmusic.com/productpages/prod_1064.html
I have no idea how this has been allowed for such a long time and it should be absolutely stopped.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Unless someone complains and presents evidence of misrepresentation of goods or counterfeiting which eBay considers credible, eBay will do nothing.

·
38,795 Posts
well, I am not talking about ebay but the pure and simple abuse of the good Name of the Selmer France of Conn-Selmer group here.

These Selmer Artist LTD. are not Selmer at all and the use of the Selmer name in this context has to be unlawful.

"......NEW Selmer Artist Series TENOR Saxophone LTDT1SG

The LTDT1SG Series of saxophones is built to Selmer Vintage specifications....."

what the heck does that mean? Is this not misleading?:evil:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I purchased a Glen Edwards alto from Dominic a year ago. You can read about it on his site. I'm not to thrilled with my purchase! I just got back into playing after thirty years, and believed everything he told me. I thought he was a good honest person. Oh well, live and learn.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
well, I am not talking about ebay but the pure and simple abuse of the good Name of the Selmer France of Conn-Selmer group here.

These Selmer Artist LTD. are not Selmer at all and the use of the Selmer name in this context has to be unlawful.

"......NEW Selmer Artist Series TENOR Saxophone LTDT1SG

The LTDT1SG Series of saxophones is built to Selmer Vintage specifications....."

what the heck does that mean? Is this not misleading?:evil:
That means it's a Chinese copy of a Mark V1.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems like Selmer has done a pretty fair job at ruining the selmer name all on its own.
Maybe its partly since the horns are so out of line price wise with other things on the market
that fewer people can buy them to even be knowledgable about the newer ones, but still
I'm not hearing any "glowing" words about the newer horns. Plus it sucks that they hold
a near monoply on wholesale prices...which brings us back to the much-maligned Dominick.
What is his deal? I sent an e-mail about pricing, since his price was even higher than the MAP
pricing everyone else lists and he replied "we can lower the price...
but only if you call ready to buy." I'm about ready to buy, but forwarned is forarmed...
If I get the LOWEST PRICE from him, what, if anything should I be concerned about?
This would be for a Yanagasawa, so how badly could anyone screw up a new yanagisawa?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts