Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this 1927 Buescher TrueTone alto that is due for some work. Looking for a good tech in the DC region. I dont want to take my baby to just anybody, hence why I thought I'd ask here. Id like to be able to drive to wherever this is (reside in the Northern VA area) as the thought of shipping my horn makes me uncomfortable. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Why don't you try Dave Speiglethal in Centerville? He does good work both on horns and mouthpieces and actually overhauled a TT of his own not too long ago. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll get you some contact info.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think this guy was pretty decent and honest. I went to him just to adjust some pads, pretty simple work, but I'm sure he's fine for harder stuff.

Presto Brass & Woodwinds
2219 N Columbus St # B, Arlington, VA 22207-2522 (703) 841-8335 ‎

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,312 Posts
The techs at Chuck Levin's in Wheaton, Md. are pretty solid. Lee Lachman in College Park does good work (though some members here have had some issues), and Tony Valenti in Alexandria/Woodlawn, Va. is good. I avoid Presto.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Also Larry Mizell at 835 S. Potomac St in Hagerstown, Md isn't too far of a drive. He does it all including his own relaquering.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Alvin Swiney. I've been watching him do repairs for years at my store Sam Ash Music in Richmond, VA. He is a Genius when it comes to woodwind repairs. I'd say he's one of the masters in the world, and i'm proud to call him a friend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts