Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone :) I rarelly write anything but I read alot more in the forums :)
A few weeks ago a baritone saxophone came up on a auction site in my country and yeterday it came back due to a buyer having to small hands to play it.
When I convert the price to US dollars it gets to around 750$ and I'm curious to if you all think this to be a good price for an instrument like this :) I know baritones are expensive so this seems like a nice price but it also makes me a bit cautious. The auction only says this: (loosly translated)

French baritonsaxophone Vibrator in very good condition.

A so-called stencil saxophone, manufactured by on of the big brand factories, probably Pierret. No scratches or dents. Mouthpiece Lelandiers Paris #6 in new condition. Good case.

Ligature and roughly 10 reeds included.​
I've mailed the seller a few minutes ago about the condition of the pads to see that they dont leak and if he can provide the serial number.

Would you all think this to be good buy or should a stay clear of it?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,617 Posts
If it plays well, $750 is a good price for any baritone sax. Isn't the Vibrator a model from the 1930s? Baritones are much improved since those years with better ergonomics and low A as well. Offer less money, perhaps $500, or play it before buying.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts