Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
7,807 Posts
Left hand bell keys? Interesting. I don't know many models, so I'll guess a Selmer Model 26

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Unfortunately Clifford's bell is smack in front of the Tenor's neck, or we'd be able to see the neckbrace which might help...
A few more pictures with Clifford:

Microphone Black Musician Artist Musical instrument

Musical instrument Reed Musician Reed instrument Saxophone

Membranophone Musical instrument Band plays Musician Concert

There are pictures of him playing both 30m and 10m. The top picture is definitely a 30m but the others it's hard to tell.

Here he is on the 30m from a Curtis Counce session:

Musical instrument String instrument Saxophone Musician Brass instrument

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
20,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice call, fellows....always loved Harold's sound and playing, got to see him once in SF in around 2003 too, chatted with him before the first set began- just a really nice guy.

Some of his recordings are really top notch, besides his Clifford days ....the stuff he did with Blue Mitchell....then "Harold in the Land of Jazz"....and his recordings with Curtis Counce were tasty, too....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nice call, fellows....always loved Harold's sound and playing, got to see him once in SF in around 2003 too, chatted with him before the first set began- just a really nice guy.

Some of his recordings are really top notch, besides his Clifford days ....the stuff he did with Blue Mitchell....then "Harold in the Land of Jazz"....and his recordings with Curtis Counce were tasty, too....
I’ve always liked his recordings with Bobby Hutcherson as well, they made some great “post-bop” for lack of a better term.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts