Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
It's an ok deal, not a good deal for a 10-year-old 82Z that actually shows its age (if it does not in fact look older than its age). 82Z's don't get the benefit of the "vintage bump" to overcome the poorish lacquer condition. You say it's in good overall shape, but have you seen the shape of the pads (those photos don't show the pads)? Those could turn this deal from an ok one to a bad one, depending on what shape they're in.

For me, when it comes to used horns, what determines whether it's a bad, ok, good or great deal is what the overall cost will be (including repair costs) compared to what I would get for it assuming I needed to resell it somewhere down the line (would I lose money, break even, sell it for more).

"Is it worth it?" is a different question from "Is it a good deal?"

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Someone sold a near mint YTS 62 Purple label for $1,500 in one of the FB groups last week. Unsurprisingly, it only lasted a few hours before it sold. A deal like that is what I would consider a good deal. (Maurice got his hands on it and promptly listed it for almost twice as much.)

Again, I';m not saying this is a bad deal. It';s an ok deal (assuming pads are in good order).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts