Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i found the perfect reed for my EB HR link.. This reed has it all power ,punch
beauty great response. and a big fat sound.. , i played all kind of reeds and last few years played lavoz a great reed too..But this combination is too good to be true..The reeds play a little harder but once broken in...It gives alot of density to the sound .something i like to have on a HR link.
so if you looking for a great reed for your HR link, give this one a try.
Greetz Marcus

·
Undistinguished SOTW Member
723 Posts
I have a box of Gonzalez 3.25 soprano reeds on the way in from WWBW now, so I'm hoping they will turn out to be a good match for the new Vandoren SL4 mouthpiece I just bought...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Haven't tried Gonzalez reeds yet, but I really like Zonda, which are made by the same company (I think).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,877 Posts
Yes Gonzales are nice. I have 2 unopened boxes for tenor for sale , they are 2 1/2 size. If you want a deal on them. I am going to try some in a harder strength.

·
1,877 Posts
I sold the 2 1/2 reeds to a member. I happened to have two 2 3/4 reeds in an old box of reeds and just wet them to try . They are both killer . They were probably from a box I had before and they were stiff on the Saxscape . I will be getting some more. I feel like they are like a good Lavoz in tone .

·
1,877 Posts
I just have 2 Gonzales reeds here. They both play well , they are in a reed guard right now.
I'm still on LaVoz as # 1

I moved up in strength so I am trying everything laying around here before I commit to buying more reeds.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Loving Gonzales too lately as well as LaVoz. Havent played La Voz since High School, but out of desperation I tried a few boxes a while back and I was surprised I did not have to scrap them. As for Gonzales I have been playing these on and off the past few yrs, more on the off and IMHO they are great players. Most of them work and I get longevity out of them better then anything out there right now. I always have luck with these. Like EVERYTHING else though, something will change soon and I am sure they wont be as good. That is why I am kind of stockpiling them as I am dreading that day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts