Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
Joined
·
3,861 Posts
FRANK,
went to the Candy Store and came away with diabetes, type FUNKY!
You are gonna enjoy it...she just keeps getting better.
When I saw her 2or 3 weeks ago, she wasn't playing her Inderbinen....check it out to see if she is playing it at your gig.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
Randall said:
FRANK,
went to the Candy Store and came away with diabetes, type FUNKY!
You are gonna enjoy it...she just keeps getting better.
When I saw her 2or 3 weeks ago, she wasn't playing her Inderbinen....check it out to see if she is playing it at your gig.
I just watched the first episode from Candy's new tv show "Candy meets...."
This one was with Sheila E. The girls even went busking in LA for Sheila's Elevate Hope Foundation. Candy was playing the Inderbinen with a Lebayle mpc.
Next week it's Candy with Maceo.
Hope you're in time to get a seat Frank, have fun.
 

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
Joined
·
27,650 Posts
Grumpie said:
I just watched the first episode from Candy's new tv show "Candy meets...."
Hey Grumpie, what channel (name, not call numbers) is that on? I get Dutch TV but no programming schedules.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
I went to see Candy and her band this week (on Monday, Oct. 8) and they were great. I'm about 2-3 feet away from her and it was a wonderful experience: Great sound, great band, great tunes, great attitude... great time!

Kenny.
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
Grumpie said:
Next week it's Candy with Maceo.
That should be great. For those who haven't heard it, Candy Dulfer is on a few tracks of Maceo's "Life on Planet Groove" live album with Fred Wesley and Pee Wee Ellis.

FUNKY!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
gary said:
Hey Grumpie, what channel (name, not call numbers) is that on? I get Dutch TV but no programming schedules.
Gary, the show is Sundays at 17.45 on Nederland 2 (Ned 2) but this is one of three public channels here. I checked the website already and they do broadcast over the Astra aswell but you'll need a special smartcard to receive the programs. It says they are not available outside NL because of property rights.
The dutch channels you do have are probably the RTL's and SBS channels.

The public channels do have a separate website were they run some programs again over the internet. Unfortunately the show with Candy is not on the list. There already are some requests to run it there so I will keep an eye out. As soon as they rerun it over the internet I'll post the link.

EDIT: I guess there were enough requests and they did put it on the internet. Some parts are in Dutch but my guess is most of you guys don't mind because of the view. (Don't forget to click the 200% button down left in the player)

http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=5688577
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
Joined
·
7,216 Posts
dirty said:
That should be great. For those who haven't heard it, Candy Dulfer is on a few tracks of Maceo's "Life on Planet Groove" live album with Fred Wesley and Pee Wee Ellis.

FUNKY!
That's R-i-i-i-i-ght.Good Gawd, HOOH !
 

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
Joined
·
27,650 Posts
Wilbur Weltklang said:
Still she's got more soul than Kenny G hehe.
But that couldn't be. She's a blond, white Dutch girl...and he's a jewish guy with an Afro. :D




Grumpie said:
Gary, the show is Sundays at 17.45 on Nederland 2 (Ned 2) but this is one of three public channels here....The dutch channels you do have are probably the RTL's and SBS channels.
Thanks, Grumpie. I've got Omroep(s) Brabant, Frislan T, and Zeeland, TV(s) Oost, Gelderland, Drenthe, Noord, Noord-Hollan, Rijnmond.
- Right after VivaGina, PiepShow and Flirtrepublik. :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
gary said:
Thanks, Grumpie. I've got Omroep(s) Brabant, Frislan T, and Zeeland, TV(s) Oost, Gelderland, Drenthe, Noord, Noord-Hollan, Rijnmond.
- Right after VivaGina, PiepShow and Flirtrepublik. :twisted:
So that's why you always stay up late.:twisted: The other ones are local networks, lots of cows and sheep I guess.

I'll check every week for future links to the show. Coming up are Maceo, Van Morrison, Dave Stuart, Mavis Staples and daddy Hans.
 

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
Joined
·
27,650 Posts
Grumpie said:
So that's why you always stay up late.
LOL. European TV. Where else are you going to find Daystar, an evangelical Christian station, adjacent to Lustkanal. :shock:


Grumpie said:
I'll check every week for future links to the show. Coming up are Maceo, Van Morrison, Dave Stuart, Mavis Staples and daddy Hans.
That would be great! Thanks from us all. :cheers:


OH NO!!! Guess what just came on TV as I was checking out the Dutch channels? A rerun of "Knight Rider". Oh, be still my heart!!!!!!!!! :D
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
Joined
·
1,370 Posts
OH NO!!! Guess what just came on TV as I was checking out the Dutch channels? A rerun of "Knight Rider". Oh, be still my heart!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Man, oh man! What a show...... Tell us Gary, do you watch that show with the volume down to maximize the visual stimuli?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man, oh man. How did this thread digress from the gorgeous Candy Dulfer to the errrr, ummmm, manly Hasslehoff?

The show was amazing - I'll post more and a couple of pics later.
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
4,147 Posts
fballatore said:
The show was amazing - I'll post more and a couple of pics later.

I am glad you enjoyed Knight Rider, but we don't need any more pics of The Hoff on SOTW thank you very much.:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Uhhhh, excuse me, I wasn't referring to pics of "The Hoff"...

The Candy Dulfer show last night was amazing. ;) She did a few new tunes from her new CD, "Candy Store", and a few old tunes, such as Omara's Dance, Sax-a-Go-Go, Pick up the Pieces, and Lily was Here. The new CD is great. She did a signing after the show, and I got to spend a few minutes with her. She was playing her Mark VI, but it wasn't on purpose. She told me about a little accident she had with her Inderbinen.

Here are some pics I took at the show.





 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
4,147 Posts
One of my professors looks almost just like her from the side. I thought she looked familiar...
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top