Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with these on a MK VI? I'm looking for a replacement as close to an original as possible. Not "better and improved", but the same as an original neck.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I have owned a silver Gloger MK VI style neck. It was a very good player and matched my horn well. I cannot say it felt exactly like my VI neck, but that's tough to do. It was significantly darker and slightly freer blowing than my VI necks. It had a wider and rounder sound with a smoother core. No "Selmer snarl" as I call it. That was what ultimately led me to sell it. I have yet to find a neck that has that special Selmer grit in it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have a gloger neck MkVI on a MkVI for 15+y now. material is "solid silver high density" and it is a replica of the selmer neck. ,From what i can see and measure, its "alike" my original. when i ordered it, several measurements had to be provided. at delivery, no adjustment was needed, so proper fit.
soundwise, you get a rounder and fuller sound with the neck, easier subtones and altissimo/harmonics, at least in my case and i prefer it over the regular selmer neck (but that is personal taste i guess...). could be that you want to consider a different mouthpiece since the neck does change the sound.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts