Sax on the Web Forum banner

Glazounov reference tools

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BKauth 
#1 ·
Anybody know of an unedited manuscript in Glazounov's hand, or anything of that sort? ...or even a book/paper/dissertation that might go back before "editions"? I'd like to see what HE wrote. . .

Any help appreciated -- Thanks!

#5 ·
Chris Mickel said:
I heard that Rascher's music and horns are currently housed at SUNY Fredonia. I'm not 100% sure about this however. You may want to contact someone there, you mat find the information you seek there.

Chris
Or use the search function, I'm pretty sure this (Rascher's stuff housed at Fredonia) was discussed on the forum.

#7 ·
Wonderful!

Thanks for the post! That's an interesting "from the horse's mouth."

What I'm really most interested in finding though, is more info about the tempo indications -- what was Glaz and what was Petoit or Leduc, for example. I would like to discern what was originally indicated, if at all possible.

I wrote to Ms. Rascher. No answer as yet.

#8 ·
You might want to take a look at an article written by Jacques Charles, published in one of the old Saxophone Symposiums. The article is called "Dossier Glazounov," and it provides a good deal of information about Petiot's role in the Concerto, and the history of the publication and composition. Well worth the effort to find this and read it thoroughly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.