Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of an unedited manuscript in Glazounov's hand, or anything of that sort? ...or even a book/paper/dissertation that might go back before "editions"? I'd like to see what HE wrote. . .

Any help appreciated -- Thanks!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Your best bet might be to get in touch with Carina Rascher. She would have access to most of her father's old scores and manuscripts and would be able to give you some insight from the man it was written for.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I heard that Rascher's music and horns are currently housed at SUNY Fredonia. I'm not 100% sure about this however. You may want to contact someone there, you mat find the information you seek there.

Chris

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,914 Posts
Chris Mickel said:
I heard that Rascher's music and horns are currently housed at SUNY Fredonia. I'm not 100% sure about this however. You may want to contact someone there, you mat find the information you seek there.

Chris
Or use the search function, I'm pretty sure this (Rascher's stuff housed at Fredonia) was discussed on the forum.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wonderful!

Thanks for the post! That's an interesting "from the horse's mouth."

What I'm really most interested in finding though, is more info about the tempo indications -- what was Glaz and what was Petoit or Leduc, for example. I would like to discern what was originally indicated, if at all possible.

I wrote to Ms. Rascher. No answer as yet.

·
Registered
366 Posts
You might want to take a look at an article written by Jacques Charles, published in one of the old Saxophone Symposiums. The article is called "Dossier Glazounov," and it provides a good deal of information about Petiot's role in the Concerto, and the history of the publication and composition. Well worth the effort to find this and read it thoroughly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts