Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for orchestra parts to the Glazounov Concerto and I've found two different sites so far. My question to anyone that may be able to help is which place has what I'm really looking for, if not both. One is DornPub offering it for $135.00, and the other is
http://shop.classicsax.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=146
which seems to be out of service now?, but were offering score and parts for about $50.00. The rather extreme difference in price threw me off as to which one is actually what I need, although I am fairly certain Dornpub is what I am looking for, I would much prefer to pay the lesser price. Has anyone purchased the orchestra parts before, for a lesser price, or will dornpub be my only option?
Thank you to anyone who can help!
-DW

·
Registered
769 Posts
dew2752 said:
I've been searching for orchestra parts to the Glazounov Concerto and I've found two different sites so far. My question to anyone that may be able to help is which place has what I'm really looking for, if not both. One is DornPub offering it for $135.00, and the other is
http://shop.classicsax.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=146
which seems to be out of service now?, but were offering score and parts for about $50.00. The rather extreme difference in price threw me off as to which one is actually what I need, although I am fairly certain Dornpub is what I am looking for, I would much prefer to pay the lesser price. Has anyone purchased the orchestra parts before, for a lesser price, or will dornpub be my only option?
Thank you to anyone who can help!
-DW
According to my computer, the classicsax domain expired a couple days ago. I'll try my other computer later, so I can't speak as to which one is what you'd need. However...if you have any colleges nearby, most of them have sheetmusic libraries filled with sheet music. With luck, you might be able to borrow the score and parts for free from them. It's worth a try! I borrow all of my soloes from Western Michigan's music library, and I've saved several hundred $$ by doing that. Most offer a borrowers card even if you aren't a student.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I am actually a student at a fairly small state college, but our library does not have much sheet music at all, mostly pocket scores. I am however split about halfway between UMass and UConn, so I guess I could try those libraries. I'd still like other opinions on internet sources if possible, but thank you sense for the idea, I will surely look into it.
-DW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts