Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard much about GL cases. Do any of you have experience with them?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have THIS one for an Easton soprano. Good fit and decent quality. The only issue I have is the lid has to be aligned and seated perfectly for the right latch to catch. Sometimes I have to fiddle with it to seat it right but definitely not a deal breaker.

I also know that Kessler carries them.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,878 Posts
Yes, I know the brand very well.

When I worked for a Taiwanese company we used to sell our saxophones with GL cases.

I have to tell you that there are identical threads (please do research the archives and continue old threads you catch more attention this way because all the people will be alerted) rather than opening new ones!

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?239791-GL-cases
https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?93993-GL-leather-cases

yes, they are very well made. Some of the best cases in the business.

The Taiwanese company that I worked with for some time bought their cases from GL. I’ve met their people many times and they are very nice and. They built the most luxurious Leather case for soprano and alto saxophone that I’ve ever seen ( not tenor because it was " too big” they said, probably referring to the weight and the fact that finding perfect hides that size was difficult. Unfortunately they no longer produce the leather model.

The other cases are really good too, just not as luxurious.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to tell you that there are identical threads (please do research the archives and continue old threads you catch more attention this way because all the people will be alerted) rather than opening new ones!
I did a search first, but I didn't find what I was looking for. I must have missed those two.

I was wondering about their bari sax cases, but it seems like the ones available new are fit for Low A - not Low Bb.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,878 Posts
I did a search first, but I didn't find what I was looking for. I must have missed those two.

I was wondering about their bari sax cases, but it seems like the ones available new are fit for Low A - not Low Bb.
That is probably because you looked, like almost everyone, on the box at the righthand side of every page.\

You should look at the MAIN forum page https://www.saxontheweb.net there there is a box ( top, center) where it says GOOGLE CUSTOM SEARCH , if you write GL cases there this returns 297 hits, among which you find the threads.

As for the baritone case, Low A cases, generally (but not always) ALSO fit some Low Bb baritones, as for example it happens with Protec.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts

You might want to give Kesslers a call and ask what's available as well as tell them what horn you want it for. My Low Bb Barone branded bari came in one of these GL cases specifically made for it. It might fit some other brands/models of Low Bb baris but off had I couldn't tell you which. Finding a new case that fits a Low Bb bari well isn't easy these days. Most of the cases that will take a Low Bb bari are designed to fit both Low Bb & A and fit neither particularly well. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts