Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention any SOTWers in the neighborhood: I'm leaving Sunday for a weeklong tour with the Blue Lake Faculty Quintet. We're playing Tuesday in Puy-l'Evêque and Wednesday in Figeac, before rounding out the week at the Altitude Jazz Festival in Briancon. Our final gig is on Valentines Day at the Torino Jazz Club.

This is a quintet with a two-saxophone front line -- and 2 vintage American horns at that: I'll have my Buescher TH&C alto, and my good friend Tom Stansell will have his Martin tenor. Tom's a great, melodic player, and I love playing with him and am always inspired by him...

[The folks at the Altitude Jazz Fest heard this group in Figeac in May and invited us to their thang... However, Tom and I were crestfallen to discover that Jerry Bergonzi's going to be playing at some of our latter venues in the days before we get there -- we're counting on folks forgetting what he sounded like before we hit the stage!]

Anyways, I'd love to run into any SOTWers over there -- and this is a SPECIFIC INVITATION to paulman to get together and discuss American Jazz Chord notation. :wink:

(EDIT: The complete gig itinerary is at my website...)

·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
5,061 Posts
I'd love to be able to leave the country, let alone be able to play sax in such great places! You're a phenomenal player and I'm sure the show will be fantastic! Enjoy the heck out of it!

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Can you spell "jealous" boys and girls?
France and Italy. Ohhhhhh man. I'll stop right there. Have a great time and great performances. Kudos!

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
I was born there and I can't even return... :'(

Enjoy the wines, the croissants and the girls!

·
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, you know, when I think about it, there's "enjoy" and there's "ENJOY" -- I mean, I'm sure it'd be okay if I ...

Oh, never mind ... Still Not Allowed.

[The thing is, my wife has implanted a chip in my neck that she uses to track me. She told me at the time it was for my own good in case I ever got lost, but now I'm starting to wonder...]

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
Well, you know, when I think about it, there's "enjoy" and there's "ENJOY" -- I mean, I'm sure it'd be okay if I ...

Oh, never mind ... Still Not Allowed.

[The thing is, my wife has implanted a chip in my neck that she uses to track me. She told me at the time it was for my own good in case I ever got lost, but now I'm starting to wonder...]
The scary thing is they actually don't need a chip.

·
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The scary thing is they actually don't need a chip.
Maybe, but my wife just felt better with the chip...

Also, if I try to escape, this giant white ball starts chasing me...

·
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kelly, you need to take me along to maintain and guard your mouthpiece. Its a sacrifice Im willing to make for an outstanding customer.
Thank you, Phil. And they say customer service is dead...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Maybe, but my wife just felt better with the chip...

Also, if I try to escape, this giant white ball starts chasing me...

I know what you're talking about. Look at my avatar!!!
Enjoy my country and remember that in each 100 grams croissant there is 250 grams of butter, but it's absolutely normal :):)

·
2,309 Posts
You've got to make time to go to Caffe Baratti e Milano there in Torino. It's been there since the 1800's and is the best coffee and chocolate/pastries around. It's a real old world landmark thats a bit of a secret. Remember Torino is the chocolate center of Italy!

JR

·
2,309 Posts
Just looked through my "tax" receipts for last year the address is; Piazza Castello 29, TORINO, it's right off Piazza Castello.

JR

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2010-
369 Posts
Tanks Guys!

The thing is, it's gonna be a b*tch having to leave the winter paradise of Buffalo in February, but I'm just going to have to muster the courage and tear myself away...

You know man you ought to pack a whole mess of wings in your gear bag to get you thru. Its totally understandable how your going to be jonesin....

Seriously Kelly, that's great man, enjoy.

·
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey RandyJ: thanks man, for hunting down that address! I've written it down, and I'm going to try to get there. I did not know that Torino was the chocolate center of Italy. Guess I won't be coming home after all...

And thanks, saxguy! (But I don't think you're allowed to take wings with your carry-ons -- they're considered a bio-hazard... But maybe that's *after* you eat them...)

·
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know what you're talking about. Look at my avatar!!!
Enjoy my country and remember that in each 100 grams croissant there is 250 grams of butter, but it's absolutely normal :):)
Hey, based on this info, it appears that if I eat enough croissants, *I'll* be the giant white ball...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts