Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm looking at doing some shows in senior's residences. I've got a good number of tracks I did for guest ent shows on ships. I'm running the tracks with Go Button on my iPhone, the charts are in ForScore on my iPad, and I'll be getting either a Bose L1 Compact or Yorkville EXM 400 system to run the tracks through.

The bread looks like it's going to be OK too - $100 for a one hour gig within a 30 minute drive. I know a singer who has 50 gigs booked in December alone doing this type of thing.
I'm going to start doing the same thing this Summer. What songs did you find go over best? Are there songs that you play without any backing tracks? Thanks much.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My seniors show was put together from the big band and movie/TV music shows I put together for ships. I just picked stuff that would most likely be familiar to the target audience.

I ended up using a small Fishman acoustic amp at first, but eventually got a Yorkville EXM70. It's got Bluetooth, three mic/instrument inputs, and built in effects.

I do my own tracks, and had already recorded live players for it. The ship orchestras I worked with on P&O had four horns, 3 rhythm, so I wrote it to work with that.
Hi Merlin,

Thanks much. I'm going to have this nailed down by the Fall. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts