Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I've never played a song that crossed into the 4XXbpm territory, so I figured it's finally time. And I picked...Giant Steps. Go big or go home, right? This features the incredible talent of Dom Palombi on the drums. No I won't be doing this again, and you're correct in your assessment that it doesn't sound that musical. That's kind of the point - to show that even though something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done. Enjoy!

· VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
17,775 Posts
I think you guys sound fantastic!

He is such an amazing drummer and you two obviously click like nobody’s business. It’s great to find players that you can click with like this. You my friend, sound fantastic as always!!!!!!

This did not fall short of being musical to me whatsoever. Quite the opposite for a song at 400!

WELL DONE.

3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you guys sound fantastic!

He is such an amazing drummer and you two obviously click like nobody's business. It's great to find players that you can click with like this. You my friend, sound fantastic as always!!!!!!

This did not fall short of being musical to me whatsoever. Quite the opposite for a song at 400!

WELL DONE.
Maaaaan thanks so much!!! I definitely tried hard to make it as musical as I could!

3,424 Posts
What, no G pentatonics? Tsk tsk tsk. But other than that one shortcoming it was fantastic. And i agree with Mark, really very musical and thankfully not too long. :bluewink:

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
Sax, Flute, Keyboard, Vocal
7,168 Posts
All those lessons paid off!! nice K

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.