Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd let you know that I am getting my 1949 Big B overhauled! I had it done about 12 years go and hardly played it at all as I had a VI at the time and I thought that it (VI) was the better horn to play.

Apparently the first overhaul on it was done very poorly, says my current tech. And although it's going to cost me through the nose, the tech is really reassuring that his overhaul will bring out the true character of this horn.

Although I'd been considering getting a Japanese horn, I am very much looking forward to having this as a back up to my B&S! I think they will compliment each other very well.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
480 Posts
A good move- everybody should have an american horn that works right. So when you get it done you'll be posting as hsmiles, yes?

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,231 Posts
hgiles, you're talking about a tenor, right??

Sounds like you found the right tech. If he really does put that horn into proper playing condition, I bet it doesn't remain on backup status for long! And you made the right decision. A Big B will way outblow a Yamasawyani horn of any stripe.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,556 Posts
Sounds like you found the right tech. If he really does put that horn into proper playing condition, I bet it doesn't remain on backup status for long! And you made the right decision. A Big B will way outblow a Yamasawyani horn of any stripe.
I have to agree! My Big B Tenor is amazing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts