Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

I paid for a mouthpiece back in December, and have been emailing Eric without any replies, outside of an initial apology/promise to send out the mouthpiece about a month ago. Does anyone have a way to get in touch with him? I am not sure why he agreed to sell me a mouthpiece if he can't get around to sending it out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Hi folks - just an update around this. I contacted Macsax directly to see if they could help. According to them, he was let go 5 months ago, and they have been getting a slew of similar contacts - people paying him for mouthpieces with no delivery after several months. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Hi folks - just an update around this. I contacted Macsax directly to see if they could help. According to them, he was let go 5 months ago, and they have been getting a slew of similar contacts - people paying him for mouthpieces with no delivery after several months. Buyer beware.
Whoa

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Isn't Eric Falcon the one who faces/finishes 10mfan mouthpieces? Might be able to contact through that route.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Isn't Eric Falcon the one who faces/finishes 10mfan mouthpieces? Might be able to contact through that route.
I think so and Retro Revival as well. Seems like an interesting development from someone who has had their hand in a number of different companies... (Warburton and MacSax previously as well).

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,642 Posts
Sorry to hear of this.

Eric finishes my 10mfan mouthpieces, as well as Retro Revival and Saxquest mouthpieces.
He does great work for all of us. I don’t know why he is not getting in touch with some other customers about their orders. I am sorry to hear about that.

I do get all the pieces that I order from him without any exceptions. Please understand that our companies are separate from Falcon Woodwinds. He is a third party whom we pay for a service.

I can't be a medium for Eric's dealings with other people, but I will certainly try to help by reaching out to Eric to let him know of this post. He will need to handle things himself, from that point on.

I hope everything gets resolved the right way for whomever is waiting on pieces from him.
Please update.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,715 Posts
There are some weird people in this world who rationalize a lot of unhealthy behaviors.

There are mistakes always...and that can be excused.

There have always been thieves...no excuse.

Hopefully this is a mistake and not another Lebayle/DG journey

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Contact your credit card company or bank and say you never received the goods.
You may hear from him pretty quickly after that.

·
5,060 Posts
First I'll say that doing all that work for 10M Fan, Retro Revival, and Saxquest probably keeps him very busy. However, it's the lack of communication and promises that come and go that from a customer service perspective are the issue. I had what I would classify as a terrible experience with this particular re-facer 2 or so years ago. Let's just say that at best there was a MAJOR miscommunication and at worst it was just a downright fat lie to my online face.

I hope your situation gets resolved not just soon but also to your satisfaction.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
First I'll say that doing all that work for 10M Fan, Retro Revival, and Saxquest probably keeps him very busy. However, it's the lack of communication and promises that come and go that from a customer service perspective are the issue. I had what I would classify as a terrible experience with this particular re-facer 2 or so years ago. Let's just say that at best there was a MAJOR miscommunication and at worst it was just a downright fat lie to my online face.

I hope your situation gets resolved not just soon but also to your satisfaction.
I'M afraid I had a similar experience with Eric in 2016. Months of promised deadlines that were missed, followed by unanswered emails, followed by unreturned phone calls. His work was excellent once I finally got the pieces back. But 7 - 8 months of not keeping in touch with me (and outright ignoring me) were incredibly aggravating. I do understand that he's busy, but I would have appreciated a real deadline even it was months in the future. Just being honest about a realistic deadline and responsive to my customer inquiries months after he was paid, would have been greatly appreciated. I was hoping he had learned from past mistakes.... hope your issue is resolved quickly and amicably.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,356 Posts
There needs to be a standard practice clause in place that mouthpiece makers do not bill or invoice a customer until they have a mouthpiece in their hands that the customer has requested. Most of us are not playing on huge huge tip openings or super super small ones so the turnaround on a mouthpiece that may potentially go unpaid for would likely be very fast.

They could even have it in their favor that certain custom jobs require a deposit but other than that this issue needs to stop now.

As much as I always wanted to try a Lebayle I never could come to get one used just because I don't agree with sporting something from someone who is in the business of ripping people off.

Depending on how this plays out I might be looking for something in the near future to replace my Eric Falcon faced Warburton.

·
8,694 Posts
I’ve been through the same experience on a couple of occasions with another well known refacer.
As above the work was good but frankly not good enough for me to ever deal with this person again.
I get pretty tired of all the excuses people make for these people.
They’re very busy, they’re going through some personal issues, etc.
If you can’t cope with the work, stop taking deposits or payments.
It really is that simple.

·
13,715 Posts
GOOD ON YOU LITTLEWAILER! Put your foot down!

There is only one way to do business right...and that is to do it right.

If one is doing something else then it speaks for itself.

If Im sick or hurt and cant fix your piece I tell you.
If there is a delay (almost never) I tell you.
If I am too busy I dont take the job.

I mean really...Im in Europe and guys in the US are getting their pieces back in 2.5 weeks and that includes my mail time.
If this is too hard I say go flip burgers...you have no business in the business.

This is the freakin 21st century. Cell Phones, email, texts...all at your fingertips.
There is absolutely ZERO reason not to communicate with customers unless you are dead.
If someone is not dead or in the hospital and they are not communicating with you I can tell you why...

THEY CONSIDER YOU IRRELEVANT!

These folks may consider themselves to be stand up guys...they may even think they care about you...but their actions illustrate that they are consumed with themselves. Actions speak louder than words.

You guys are really generous and easy to work with. It offends me when I see someone taken advantage of. Im reading a stories like this, here or on other fourms, nearly every week lately...I dont mind saying Im a bit pissed off...so:

DONT PUT UP WITH IT ANYMORE!

·
Mouthpiece Refacer Extraordinaire and Forum Contri
3,536 Posts
I've gotten over my head with life's various and unanticipated demands in the past but have gone so far as to send the mouthpiece back and reimburse their shipping cost if the wait time became indeterminate.

An important facet of client relationships (and self-preservation) is to know when to say "no" or "not right now".

Grant some level of understanding as quality custom mouthpiece work requires a very high level of artistry and focus. There are pros and cons to dealing with artisans vs. CNC operators.

Sad to hear when the business/financial side starts to fall apart. A late delivery is at least a recoverable situation. Non-delivery or non-communication is the beginning of the end to most things in life.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts