Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to ask what might be the polite wait time to inquire into the status of a mouthpiece awaiting modification. I do not expect mine to be finished yet, or even started, but I do know the squeaky wheel (s or mouthpiece) gets the grease, and don't want to be bumped, so....

There has been no knowledge of having received the piece at the shop though I'm not concerned, tracking says it was delivered and the tech receiving it is a reliable person I have complete confidence in. However, it might be beneficial to have a brief discussion regarding the piece just prior to refacing. Since emails are unanswered, a telephone call seems the alternative, but I don't want to be a pest.

So, again, what in your opinion, technicians, is a polite wait time before inquiring by phone?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,001 Posts
Just call them, Leon. Your intentions are good and should not be considered inappropriate or confrontational.

“Hey, how’re ya doing? Did my mouthpiece arrive alright?”

Be well,

George

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
29,584 Posts
It will take an hour or two for the work. Given that anyone in a micro mbusiness can't start the second they receieve it, I would think a week or two is reasonable, then a couple of days to get around to play tersting.

So three weeks max.

If emails and phone calls are not answered, then sadly you have sent your mouthpiece to either a flake or someone with some personal issues maybe?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Any business should be willing to respond to reasonable queries from a current customer.

Is this a piece for your Script 156, Leon?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,249 Posts
It never bothers me for people to ask.

You are the customer. Its your property.

Just politely ask...if it is more complicated than that you need to change shops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts