Sax on the Web Forum banner

261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,998 Posts
Also picked up a Dynamic mic (SM57). A couple vocal tests, and it's running great!
I used a 57 as a vocal mic for the bands I sang in - just add a foam wind screen (Shure A2WS).

·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
I used a 57 as a vocal mic for the bands I sang in - just add a foam wind screen (Shure A2WS).
I've been using a full sized pop filter that was doing a great job. But that would be simpler and less invasive

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Well, the package arrived! Very fast :) pictures coming soon

·
33,998 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Oh, what a beauty!

Reactions: J-Moen

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·

·
Registered
Keilwerth saxes (S/A/T), Selmer clarinets (S/B), Altus Azumi flute
1,452 Posts
Very nice!

Since I know that you like keeping your horns on stands, you may want to make yourself a slipcover out of anti-tarnish cloth (as I describe here) to keep it looking pretty.

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
Very nice!

Since I know that you like keeping your horns on stands, you may want to make yourself a slipcover out of anti-tarnish cloth (as I describe here) to keep it looking pretty.
Great idea! I have a sax bag that feels like it's made out of antitarnish material that I was going to use. But if it doesn't work, I'll try this out!

I've also heard that renaissance wax can help deter tarnish. I am planning to put some of that on

·
33,998 Posts
I've also heard that renaissance wax can help deter tarnish. I am planning to put some of that on
I don’t recall seeing suggestions of Ren Wax over silver plate - bare brass, yes. I like Hagerty Silversmith Polish.

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
I don’t recall seeing suggestions of Ren Wax over silver plate - bare brass, yes. I like Hagerty Silversmith Polish.
Well it seems to be doing well on the bell of my cavalier alto! I polished it with wrights silver polish last year, and then put on some of this wax.

Also, I'm basing this off their website, which clearly outlines silver: How To Use Renaissance Wax To Prevent Tarnished Jewellery

Also remember reading about silver being an accepted application in a document saxoclese sent me.

261 - 272 of 272 Posts